Such wonderful results from the St Austell Verse S…
The History of Roselyon School
Roselyon Preparatory School is an independent co-educational day school, established as a charitable trust and managed by a Board of Governors.
The school was founded in 1952 in a building which was owned by the Varcoe family. Mr and Mrs Tomlinson were the first head teachers and they ran a small boarding school at Roselyon, with the upstairs accommodation being used as living space for their family and the boarders and downstairs in the same house we use today, working as classrooms.
Merryn Varcoe, daughter of the proprietor, was employed by the school, working in the Nursery department throughout her working life. She still visits Roselyon and has a wonderful relationship with the children who all know and love her.
When the Tomlinsons retired, the school stopped taking boarders and moved to become a day preparatory school.
Over the years new buildings appeared, the Art Room (formerly a classroom), the Nursery building (formerly the school hall), the Varcoe Hall and the Emerald Music Room.
Several of our current pupils have parents who came to Roselyon; we are a family-oriented establishment and try to keep in touch with former pupils. Some of our current parents remember being taught by some of our current teachers!
In this year of our Diamond Jubilee we would particularly welcome any former pupil getting in touch so that we can find out what has become of you!